Michael Stevens Consulting, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates for immediate employment into the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
Job grade/ Responsibility category: JB 17
Reporting Relationship As Needed:
- Reporting To MD – TLCC
- Direct Reportees AS NEEDED
- Size of the team to handling (Number) 25
Purpose of Job Role (why does this role exist?):
- To provide marketing leadership to the Jotna Group through the development of marketing strategies and activity programmes which achieve short-term and long-term business and brands portfolio goals and targets, build and maintain the long-term equity of the brands in the portfolio and optimize the return on marketing investment.
Areas (KRA) of this role that will help delivers the purpose of this role (not more than 7-8):
- Determine Portfolio segmentation and differentiation strategy, including insight based identification of portfolio opportunities and initiatives. Communicate the strategy across the business and work in collaboration with clients to drives its implementation. Define the portfolio targets and leads the CBTI team and third party agencies in developing marketing activity strategies to achieve these targets. Evaluate and report portfolio strategy and recommend revision where relevant.
- Oversee the annual development of integrated marketing plans for all brands in the portfolio and for all Group Operating Companies such as PCL, JOTNA etc to deliver business goals and brand targets and covering all areas of the marketing mix as appropriate. Ensure that these plans are effectively executed by operating company Marketing Execution teams (or in absence, the CBTI team to organize internally), on budget and on time and that all major activities are evaluated, with learning recorded for future brand planning.
- Lead the transition from (Phase 1 to phase 2 to phase 3)- To develop CB Total Impact Limited as a fully independent profit driven marketing and advertising organization, providing support and marketing services to the JOTNA Group of companies in the short to medium term ( 5 years) thereafter focusing on supplying services to companies or Brands outside the JOTNA organization – to follow journey plan with Taylor Harte consultants as approved by the Board.
- “New Products development- To lead the TLCC management team in the development and launch of new products and idea creation that will sustain and profitably grow the company portfolio of beverages over the long term and to ensure the best in class processes are implemented to develop and lunch these new products. The process will also include the constant review and improvement of the current portfolio of products.”
- Allocation of marketing budgets and optimization of marketing contribution across the brands portfolio.
- New Products development- To lead the TLCC management team in the development and launch of new products and idea creation that will sustain and profitably grow the company portfolio of beverages over the long term and to ensure the best in class processes are implemented to develop and lunch these new products. The process will also include the constant review and improvement of the current portfolio of products.
- Allocation of marketing budgets and optimisation of marketing contribution across the brands portfolio.
- Work with heads of operating companies to determine and recommend the optimum pricing strategy for each brand.
- Determine targets and success measures for all areas of all areas of the marketing mix and monitor and report on performance. Ensure that all marketing activity is accurately tracked and evaluated.
- Oversee the deployment and tracking of the portfolio marketing budget to ensure its proper utilization against agreed progammes and activities.
- Analyze and monitor the return on marketing investment, including quantitative and qualitative factors such as expenditure per case and customer feedback on implemented activities.
- Ensure that all members of the CBTI Brand team and the Marketing Execution teams understand the importance of budget monitoring and activity evaluation and provide relevant information for budget and investment reports.
- Act as Chair of the NPD Steering Committee; ensure that new product development/ innovation projects are on schedule and provided to the NPD Projects Manager and project teams as required.
- Lead the competitor intelligence process and monitor developments and trends in the operating environment. Formulate counter-competition plans when required to protect the position of Company brands.
- Work with the Jotna and Legal teams and the CBTI Brand team to ensure that regulatory approvals are secured as required for such items as brand creative materials, new brand names, new product formulations and packing designs.
- Build and maintain a network of media contacts (broadcast, print, etc.) to develop and sustain the Company’s profile as a customer-focused and value-added beverage company. Work with PR Agency and Corporate Affairs Spokesman to ensure that corporate PR programmes are aligned with brand PR programmes.
- Lead, guide and develop the CBTI team with example-led diligence, positive encourage and fair and respectful correction when required, to secure a high- performance team who all strive to achieve their personal KPIs. Manage succession planning within the CBTI Team by developing an internal reservoir of talent from which to draw on for future recruitment occasions.
- Pro-actively manage and positively encourage the professional development of all members of the CBTI Team to ensure the retention of a highly-motivated and results-driven department. Identity training needs and provide coaching to develop the team’s capabilities. Carry out staff appraisals in line with Company policies and processes.
Qualification, Experience & Industry Exposure
- Minimum Professional Qualification MBA – Marketing
- Desired Professional Qualification
Experience & Industry Exposure:
- Total Experience 13-16 Yrs
- Relevant Experience i.e in the similar industry 5-6 Yrs
- Relevant Experience i.e in the similar job role 4-5 Yrs
Application Deadline: 22nd February, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]